Trillian is a fully featured, stand-alone, skinnable chat client that supports AIM, ICQ, MSN, Yahoo Messenger, and IRC. It provides capabilities not possible with original network clients, while supporting standard features such as audio chat, file transfers, group chats, chat rooms, buddy icons, multiple simultaneous connections to the same network, server-side contact importing, typing notification, direct connection (AIM), proxy support, encrypted messaging (AIM/ICQ), SMS support, and privacy settings.
Without stealing your home page and with no other included software, pop-ups, or spyware, Trillian provides unique functionality such as:
- contact message history,
- a powerful skinning language,
- tabbed messaging,
- global status changes (set all networks away at once),
- Instant Lookup (automatic Wikipedia integration),
- contact alerts,
- an advanced automation system to trigger events based on anything happening in the client,
- hundreds of emoticons,
- shell extensions for file transfers, and
- systray notifications.
* Windows 8 improvements.
- We’ve made a few tweaks to the default skin to improve the feel of Trillian on Windows 8. While we plan a larger overhaul for a future release, these changes should make Trillian feel more at home for those of you using Windows 8 today.
* Per-chat muting.
- You can now mute individual contacts or group chats for 1 hour, until 8am, or indefinitely. Even better, the mute state will synchronize between your devices automatically, meaning muted Windows won’t send push notifications to your mobile devices!
* Do not disturb.
- The Trillian network now supports a new status, do not disturb. When you set yourself DnD, no sounds or notifications will occur, and we’ll also do our best to avoid any other distractions such as window flashing.
* Other improvements.
- Yahoo users will appreciate reduced clutter in their chat windows with 5.5, as we now do a better job only printing status alerts here. A few bugs related to window flashing were fixed, and we’ve also fixed a few bugs with Twitter and our mail engine. A new “simple” chat view has been added that attempts to stay minimal but in a more modern style.